Land Rover is celebrating the one millionth sale of the Range Rover Sport. Sold in December 2020, the occasion is being marked with a commemorative film highlighting just some of the famous landmarks this ultimate luxury performance SUV has encountered over its 15 years in production. The landmark film is available to watch here.
The Range Rover Sport made its debut in 2005, with the current second-generation making a spectacular entrance in New York City in 2013 with the assistance of actor Daniel Craig. Its dynamic breadth of capability has been showcased across the globe, setting a new record in its launch year on the Pikes Peak Hill Climb course in the USA and then setting the fastest recorded crossing of the Empty Quarter desert in Saudi Arabia. In 2018, the Range Rover Sport completed a world-first for a vehicle driving up the 999 steps to renowned landmark Heaven’s Gate in China.
In 2020, the Range Rover Sport offering was enhanced with new Ingenium six-cylinder diesel engines with mild hybrid technology, new special edition models, as well as the previously launched P400e PHEV powertrain, providing customers with greater choice than ever.
Range Rover Sport PHEV is priced at Php 8,888,888 in the PH until February 28,2021 (retails for Php 9,490,000) for its Chinese New Year offer.
Configure yours at Range Rover Sport – The Most Dynamic SUV | Land Rover Philippines.
Land Rover Channels:
Visit website: www.media.landrover.com
Range Rover Sport Timeline
- January 2004 – Range Rover Sport concept ‘Range Stormer’ is revealed
- January 2005 – Range Rover Sport is revealed at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit
- March 2013 – Second-generation Range Rover Sport is revealed
- June 2013 – Range Rover Sport sets new Hill Climb record for a production SUV at Pikes Peak, USA
- November 2013 – Range Rover Sport recorded fastest time to drive 800km across the Empty Quarter Desert, Saudi Arabia
- August 2014 – Range Rover Sport SVR, world’s fastest production SUV, is revealed
- October 2017 – Range Rover Sport PHEV is revealed
- February 2018 – Range Rover Sport PHEV is the first vehicle to Climb Heaven’s Gate Staircase, China
- December 2020 – one millionth Range Rover Sport sold