San Miguel Corp (SMC) Chair Ramon Ang announced the partial opening of the Skyway Stage 3 from Buendia, Makati to NLEX on Tuesday (Dec. 29). This is seen as a boon for motorists, especially this coming New Year weekend where thousands are expected to take trips via Nlex or Slex. Driving to and from the superhighways without actually traversing EDSA, cuts travel time down to 30 minutes.
Mr. Ang also stated that toll-free operations will last for one month.
Not all on-ramps are available as of presstime. Here’s the initial list of the passable entries:
- Buendia (Zobel) Northbound On Ramp
- Buendia (Zobel) Southbound Off Ramp
- Plaza Dilao Southbound On Ramp
- Quezon Avenue Northbound and Southbound On Ramp. Along Araneta Ave, towards Ma.Clara St.
- Balintawak Northbound Off Ramp
- Balintawak Southbound On Ramp
Various FB posts the same day of the opening reveal the shorter drive time. One post confirms that from Buendia On-ramp to Balintawak only took him 12 minutes, while Balintawak to Sucat took only 18 minutes; adhering to the 80kph speed limit.
Regular updates will be announced here on streettalkph.com and its FB page.
Text: Earl Manalansan