Mitsubishi Motors Philippines Corporation officially launched the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in the Philippine market. The best-selling1 plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) in the world will initially start sales in the country via the Peak Motors Philippines Inc. (PMPI) dealership in Manila Bay branch. PMPI will also be the first dealership to install a Vehicle to Home (V2H) showcase facility to promote Outlander PHEV’s another function to restore and supply electricity generated by solar panels to home.
Other provincial authorized dealerships namely, Fast Autoworld Philippines Corporation, SFM Sales Corporation, Motor Plaza Incorporated, Mindanao Integrated Commercial Enterprises Incorporated will start selling the Outlander PHEV by early 2021.
The world’s first plug-in hybrid SUV, the Outlander PHEV has sold over 260,000 units across Europe, North America, Japan and Australia. With its all-electric operation for everyday use and mainly motor-powered hybrid operation for longer journey, the Outlander PHEV aims to promote greener energy alternative and self-sustainability for better care of our environment.
“MMPC is very excited to launch the Outlander PHEV in the Philippine market as the car best represents Mitsubishi’s expertise in automotive engineering and its ever evolving technology. The Philippines is one of the strongest markets of the brand and we are honored to be given the opportunity to make the Outlander PHEV available here in the country,” – said Mr. Mutsuhiro Oshikiri, President and CEO of MMPC.
Innovative technology that roots from a deep heritage
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV’s product concept fully embodies the company’s world-class expertise on advanced technology and deep automotive engineering heritage. Fusing the best traits of MITSUBISHI MOTORS’ proud nameplates such as the powerful Mitsubishi Pajero SUV, iconic 4WD rally car Lancer Evolution and the pure electric vehicle i-MiEV, the Outlander PHEV delivers commanding presence, impressive performance and economical use of energy.
What exactly is a PHEV?
A Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) is a unique technology that fuses electric and hybrid system, allowing users to enjoy the benefits of both an electric and hybrid vehicle. Equipped with a twin-motor 4WD system that delivers power independently to the front and rear wheels, the Outlander PHEV is capable of generating immediate torque and instant all-wheel drive acceleration with zero emission. It has an engine power output of 128 PS and 199 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm. The Outlander PHEV’s maximum motor output is 60kW for the front and 70kW for the rear. The max torque is at 137 Nm for the front and 195 Nm for the rear. Matched with a Super All Wheel Control (S-AWC) integrated vehicle dynamics control system, Active Yaw Control (AYC), Active Stability Control (ASC) and Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), driver can enjoy stable and responsive handling that is capable of adapting to various road conditions. With a full charge, the Outlander PHEV can achieve a 55km range and its fuel consumption rating is at 16.6km/liter2 after EV driving, further promoting its environment friendly characteristics.
Safety is a priority with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV. It was awarded by New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP) with the maximum 5-star rating. For a worry-free drive, the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is equipped with the following safety features:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) system: Employs radar technology to judge distance from the vehicle ahead and accelerate, slow down or stop to maintain a safe driving distance
- Forward Collision Mitigation (FCM) system: A radar and camera based system that is designed to prevent collision or reduce collision damage by warning the driver and automatically applying brakes once it detects vehicles ahead or pedestrians to be in an unsafe distance.
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Lane Change Assist (LCA): Alerts the driver when a vehicle is in or approaching its blind spot at the back side quarter
- Automatic High Beam (AHB): When the vehicle detects an incoming car, it automatically switches the headlamp to low beam and once the oncoming vehicle has passed, it reverts back to high beam.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) system: Uses a radar sensor unit to warn the driver of vehicles approaching from either side while backing up
- Ultrasonic misacceleration Mitigation System (UMS): To help prevent collisions while parking, a buzzer sounds and a warning displays if the front or rear sensors detect a nearby obstacle. Acceleration is also controlled if the driver suddenly put their foot down by accident.
Space, comfort and convenience. Its still an SUV
With the Outlander PHEV, space and comfort is never compromised. Designed for people on the go, the compact SUV can comfortably seat 5 adults with flexible seat configurations to accommodate various cargo requirements. A maximum 1,602 L of space can be utilized when the 2nd row is folded.
With the 8-inch Smartphone-Link Display Audio (SDA) system, driver and passenger can patch their mobile device via Bluetooth®3 for easy connectivity. Compatible to Android AutoTM4, the system offers a smarter and safer way to use smartphones onboard. Making phone calls and sending messages can all be done by touchscreen or voice command.
Power will never be an issue as the Outlander PHEV can supply up to 1500W of power from two on-board outlets. Occupants can easily tap electrical gadgets for charging needs and home appliances for outdoor leisure or in emergencies.
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is priced at PHP 2,998,000.00. To know more about the vehicle, log on to www.mmpc.ph or contact Mitsubishi Manila Bay branch and schedule an appointment.