With the recent news that AC Industrials has acquired the KIA Motors Philippines dealer rights, speculations about the present and future models abound. All these rumours were put to rest when now KIA Philippines President Manny Aligada stated that the present lineup was being retained, and the primary goal in the meantime, is to regain lost foothold in their respective vehicle market segment.
Mr. Aligada also stated that there are 3 new models to be launched by January 30, 2019. These models are still under wraps, so the automotive media is abuzz on what models these might be.
StreettalkPh made a “Guess List” of three potential models (from the US) that may or may not reach our shores. We can only hope and pray.
Already an iconic model in the USA, this performance darling owe its success to the unusual ad campaign that features rock stars and hilarious performance comparison with some supercars. The Stinger is no slouch either. With a base 225hp engine, it more than lives to its name.
- 2.0L I-4 Turbo GDI, 255hp
- 8-speed Automatic Transmission, Paddle Shifters
- Smart Key w/ Push-Button Start
- Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
- Leather seat trim, Heated front seats
- 3.3L V6 Twin Turbo GDI, 365hp!
- 19″ Alloy Wheels, Michelin Tires
- Brembo® Brakes
- 9-Speaker Audio System
Kia Optima – Medium Sized Sedan
(although this was offered here a few years ago, it was discontinued)
- 2.4L I4, 185hp
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA-Car)
- Blind Spot Collision Warning (BCW) and Rear Cross Traffic Collision Warning (RCCW)
- Driver Attention Warning (DAW), Parking Distance Warning-Reverse (PDW-R)
- 8″ Rear-Camera Display, Android Auto™, and Apple CarPlay™
- 1.6L Turbocharged I4, 178hp
- 17″ Machined Finish Alloy Wheels
- Leather Seat Trim with Heated Front Seats
- Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go and Electronic Parking Brake
Kia Niro Crossover
Available in the US market as a hybrid, StreettalkPh thinks that the petrol engine will be offered first. Thoughtfully designed as a forward-looking engineering marvel with the practicality of a crossover, it’s the high-style, highly efficient adventure mini-SUV vehicle made for the practical enthusiast/driver.
- 1.6 litre, DOHC, 16-valve In line 4
- Dual Clutch 6-Speed Automatic with Sportmatic
There you have it. StreettalkPh‘s Guess List for the new Kia vehicles to be introduced this February. Although they may be other models to choose from, we feel that this may bring the needed “Oomph” to revitalize the Kia brand in the Philippines.
Keeping our fingers crossed!
Text: Earl Manalansan
Details and Images: www.kia.com/US