Auto Nation Group, official distributor of Mercedes-Benz in the Philippines, introduces the next generation of compact cars with the new A-Class. Maintaining its youthful and dynamic character, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class redefines modern luxury and revolutionizes interior design.
The new and state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) elevates the connection between car and driver to a personal level. The cockpit with a high- resolution media display with touchscreen control, digital instrument cluster, intelligent voice control and natural speech recognition as well as the touchpad in the center console, is a revolutionary journey into the digital era of the automobile. In short, its a Mercedes Benz that you can literally command around.
Auto Nation Group President Felix Ang and COO Francis Jonathan C. Ang, formally presented the A-Class to the motoring media. That night was also to show their appreciation for the support given to Mercedes-Benz. “Your stories and shared experiences have helped bring the Mercedes-Benz brand closer to more Filipinos, and we are grateful for your trust and partnership throughout the years.” Said Mr. Felix Ang.
“Twenty years after it was first introduced in 1997, this vehicle is now smarter and sportier for the new generation. It is the synergy of modern luxury and technological breakthrough, and I believe you will agree with me the moment you see it for yourself.” stated the younger Ang.
Surprisingly, the A-Class is powered by a small displacement engine; 1.3 litre petrol engine to be exact; but still packs a wallop. Complimenting the engine is a new 7-speed automatic transmission. This combination assures maximum fuel economy while capable of high speed jaunts. Truly, the best of both worlds.
Aside from the usual luxurious options found in other cars, the Mercedes Benz A-Class also has the following as standard equipment, making it unique in its class:
- DYNAMIC SELECT with the driving programs “ECO”, “Comfort”, “Sport” and Individual
- ECO start/stop function
- 3-point seat belts in appointments colour including mechanical belt height adjustment, belt-force limiters and pyrotechnic belt tensioners for driver and front passenger plus pyrotechnic belt tensioners on outer seats at rear
- Folding rear-seat backrests 1/3: 2/3 split and engagement verification indicator
- THERMATIC automatic climate control
- Rear windscreen wiper with intermittent wipe and automatic activation when reversing
- Pedestrian protection Active Bonnet
- ATTENTION ASSIST Detects the onset of drowsiness on the basis of steering behavior and can alert the driver to an impending micro sleep
- Kneebag for the driver
- ISOFIX child-seat mountings and TopTether attachment points in the rear backrest, at the top left and right
- MBUX multimedia system 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Electric parking brake with comfort function (released automatically when moving off)
- Brake Assist (BAS) with automatic recognition of emergency braking situations and assisted braking
- Adaptive brake lights flashing
- Anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Program (ESP®)
- Acceleration skid control (ASR)
- Tyre pressure loss warning system
- Crash-responsive emergency lighting
- Hill-Start Assist
- Immobiliser electronic incl. infrared remote control locking system in the designer key with chrome highlights
- Smartphone integration: Apple® CarPlay® and Android Auto
Extended MBUX with “Hey Mercedes”
MBUX or Mercedes-Benz User Experience is the essential feature that collects data or “learns” thanks to MB artificial intelligence. It can be customized and adapt to fit the driver and/or passengers individual trait. It can be controlled from the touchscreen, the touchpad on the center console and control buttons on the steering wheel. MBUX also has a digital assistant which controls several vehicle functions like music selection, navigation, ambient lighting control, and climate. Prompt is activated by saying “Hey Mercedes” and MBUX will answer in a female voice. If Apple has Siri, Amazon has Alexa, well, Mercedes Benz has “Mercedes”!
The New Mercedes Benz A-Class is available as 3 variants:
Mercedes-Benz A-Class 180 Progressive
- ₱ 2,490,000
Mercedes-Benz A-Class 200 Progressive
- ₱ 2,990,000
Mercedes-Benz A-Class 200 Edition
- ₱ 3,290,000
For more information, visit: www.mercedes-benz.ph or call Mercedes-Benz Philippines: Telephone: +63 2 7845001
Images/Text by Earl Manalansan