The MIAS 2019, under the slogan: “Experience Fun and Function.” was just that; fun with purpose, and its has never been more apt with Hyundai’s display. Fun vehicles with environmental purpose that featured their own version of the EV.
HARI used the monicker – Rockology – which is a play on Rock and Technology. Rock music is associated with going outside the traditional the same way Hyundai continues to disrupt the industry with first-of-its-kind technologies, always doing things differently and evolving to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Hyundai passenger and commercial vehicles have and continue to rock the industry with our signature customer-driven innovation in combining style, function, and technology. And because Hyundai vehicles are the epitome of fun and function, our concept of Rockology is in-theme with this year’s MIAS: “Experience Fun and Function.” says HARI President?CEO Ma. Fe Perez-Agudo
She happily stated: Recently, we marked another industry breakthrough when we partnered with O Shopping to innovate the car-shopping experience, making it easy for every Filipino to appreciate our newest offering, the all-new Hyundai Reina. We are also rocking MIAS with our newest offerings:
- The Palisade, as Hyundai’s flagship SUV, embodies the company’s new design direction – the Sensuous Sportiness concept – which harmonizes the fundamental design elements of proportion, architecture, styling and technology, thereby creating synergy between aesthetics and performance.
- The fully-charged electric version of our crossover Kona continues to win global award after global award. The 2019 Wards Auto Competition, the 2019 Edmunds Editor’s Choice Awards, the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy and Car and Driver are just a few of the organizations that has named the Kona the Best in EV. Consistently, the Kona has been awarded for its great range, competitive price, practical cabin and lively driving dynamics. Hyundai City Store, which was launched late last year in Cebu City, is the first-ever Hyundai Digital showroom in the Philippines and in Asia and the Pacific. This pioneering initiative widens the brand’s reach from traditional dealers to urban locations
The Palisade is Hyundai’s biggest and boldest SUV to date. Tagged “Always Remarkable,” it epitomizes the Hyundai brand of “Quality Time” with its lavish interior and exterior, and first-of- its-class safety features that create great memories with your family.
The Palisade also has features to make the driver and passengers’ life easier:
- A Head-Up display that projects your GPS navigation onto the windshield A 10.25-inch audio display with Radio Data System
- 6 USB ports in the vehicle including 1 Multimedia USB Terminal
- Wireless Charging System that allows drivers to recharge compatible smartphones without wires
- Multi-Terrain Control to boldly conquer all types of terrain
- Blind Spot Collision Warning that comes with the Blind View Monitor, which is linked to the turn signal, provides the driver with a video image of the blind spot and flashes amber warning lights in the outside mirror housing should there be any danger of collision.
- Downhill Brake Control which slows down the vehicle during steep downhill drives and allows the driver to focus on steering.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning which gives peace of mind since it alerts you of vehicles you don’t even see coming.
- Nine (9) Safety Airbags provide extra side and rollover protection.
- Around View Monitor allows the driver to see the vehicle’s surroundings, lessening chances of accidents and adding confidence to the driver.
Why is it called the Palisade? The Palisade name continues Hyundai’s pattern of giving geographic names for its SUVs. While a palisade generically is a bluff or cliff along a body of water, the name is meant to refer to the posh Pacific Palisades neighborhood above Santa Monica Bay in Los Angeles.
THE KONA EV
When it comes to developing alternative-fuel powered cars, Hyundai innovation is ahead of the curve with the world’s best high-efficiency EV motor. Hyundai decided to use a lithium-ion polymer battery pack for the All-New Kona Electric instead of conventional nickel-metal hydride batteries. This provides excellent charge and discharge efficiency, along with outstanding maximum output. Additionally, it weighs less and occupies less space than standard batteries. It has a range of 415 kilometers, better than most of its peers. The lithium-ion batteries of the Kona have a five (5)-year, 160,000 kilometer warranty.
Safety features include:
- Electronic Stability Control automatically assists drivers in maintaining control of the vehicle during extreme steering maneuvers.
- Hill-Start Assist Control prevents the car from accidentally rolling backward whenever the brake pedal is released on a hill.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System helps prevent accidents due to under/over inflated tires.
- Six (6) airbags protect passengers from side collisions and rollover events.
- Seven (7)-inch color LCD provides the driver clear and precise information of the status of the vehicle.
The All-New Kona Electric is an electrifying car of no compromise, combining Hyundai’s progressive SUV style and a zero-emission electric powertrain.
“With our full line-up of Hybrid/EV vehicles that fuse high-performance, technology and safety in bold packages, Hyundai is well-poised to be a force in this exciting space. As you know, Hyundai has been the gold standard when it comes to internal combustion engine (ICE) alternatives. Hyundai is the leader in hydrogen fuel-cell technology, EV batteries, and even hybrid powertrains. We see our Ioniq Hybrid as a logical product that will allow seamless transition from conventional-powered vehicles to full EV/Fuel-Cell vehicles as more people become aware of its benefits. Electric Vehicles are the future of the automotive industry.” adds Ms. Agudo.
A mix of favorable macroeconomic indicators will continue to bolster automotive sales in 2019. These include a falling inflation rate, increased government spending, and the expected pickup in consumer spending due to the coming elections. The government also anticipates its “Build, Build, Build” program to be in full swing this year. The resulting increase in construction activity will significantly have an impact on the sale of commercial vehicles. This favorable environment bodes another positive year for Hyundai.
Hyundai promises to be more visible in the coming months, as evidenced by new vehicles, commercial light trucks and their version of the new jeepney design.
Watch out for future announcements, only here in StreettalkPh.
For more information, visit www.hyundai.ph